How To Buy Tickets Online Using This Web Site
Thanks for your interest in our film and event programming at the MV Film Center. We have instituted an online ticketing and reservation system using Arts People (e-commerce agents to non-profits) to help facilitate advance online purchasing of tickets to our events, memberships, and for making donations to our non-profit film society. We hope this system will prove helpful to many of you. Please remember you can always come to our box office 30-45 minutes before a performance to purchase tickets for that performance or for another in the future if you are uncomfortable purchasing online.
Please also note that not all events listed on our website are produced by the film society. Occasional events like the Summer Institute or a private event are not being sold by us, and you must contact that promoter to get tickets. Generally, if there is no “buy button” on the film/event page, that means we are not selling tickets for that event and our membership benefits do not extend to that event.
For guidance in purchasing tickets online, please follow these suggestions:
1. When you click a performance “buy button” from our website or email, you will be routed to an ARTS PEOPLE ticket page for that performance, where you can select the date you would like to attend (in red font) (if there are multiple dates, you will see all available dates and times).
2. Then you will be asked how many tickets you would like to purchase – you must fill that number in. Then click “continue”.
3. The next page will show you a summary of the performance tickets you have in your order. You can then proceed to checkout to purchase those, or hit “select more tickets” to go back to our ticketing page to purchase tickets for other performances or dates.
4. If you click “check out”, you will then we asked whether your tickets are General Admission (adult) or child (under 14 of age). Upon clicking those options you will finally get to our Customer Login page. If you are a current member of the Film Society – read # 5. You must create a Customer Login (using your email address) and create a password when using the ticketing system for the first time. If your email address is already in our system, it will recognize it and take you to your profile page. Once you have created an account, you can proceed to enter your credit card information to pay for your tickets at checkout.
5. If you are already a MV Film Society member — the ticketing system will recognize your email and open to a profile page and will give you the member discount automatically based on your level of membership at checkout – there is no place prior to checkout to indicate you’re a member. You can also update your member profile (change of address, email, telephone, etc). If the database does not recognize you as a member – the either your membership has expired, or we have an incorrect email address for you in the system. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve this problem.
6. Once your credit card purchase has been approved, you will receive an email receipt and will be able to print out your e-tickets from your computer. If you do not have a printer at home – please bring a copy of your receipt to the film center on your smartphone or tablet/iPad.