The Martha’s Vineyard Film Society’s programs depend on Society Memberships. Ticket sales alone do not cover film and venue operations, nor other expenses.
Your society membership supports film screenings and programs that:
* Inspire and enlighten audiences
* Shed understanding upon contemporary concerns
* Foster community support for worthy causes
* Delight the young at heart
When you join, you ensure the Film Society will continue to bring to our Island critically acclaimed films that are not typically shown at our local commercial theaters. Your annual contribution will keep the Society going and growing by bringing the best in world cinema, documentaries and independent films to the Vineyard community.
The Film Society is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. Your society membership or donation is tax deductible to the extent the law allows.
Please consider one of our membership levels below.
Payment Options: Join on-line by clicking on the “click to purchase” option below, or send a check or money order with member form you can download from the “printable membership form” option below to: Martha’s Vineyard Film Society, P.O. Box 4423, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
Click here to purchase your membership online. Or Click any of the membership levels (headings) below:
One-year individual membership brings these benefits:
- Membership card that shows your support of film society
- Reduced admission ($3.00 or more off) to all films and special events (unless otherwise posted, or third party event)
- Advanced notice by e-mail of film schedule
- Invitation to free-to-members events
- Member discount on merchandise and festival passes
Students age 14-25 eligible (with ID). Offers same benefits as Individual Member.
For persons age 65 or older. Same benefits as Individual Member.
- Two Senior Members pay $50.
A Dual membership includes these benefits:
- One Dual membership card
- Reduced admission ($3.00 off or more each) for two individuals to all films
- All other benefits provided to Individual members
This one-year membership includes all Individual Member benefits for one individual ($300 for a couple at this level), plus:
- Advance ticket purchase to Special Events, including events with filmmakers, film festivals, and program series (Opera, theatre, music, etc.)
- 6 free admission tickets for you and your friends to enjoy at a movie (12 tickets for couples), excludes special higher priced events.
This one-year membership includes all Individual Member benefits for one, plus:
- Free admission for one to all films for an entire year (excluding Film Festival special events – Opening Night, Closing Night)
- Recognition on the Film Society’s web site
- Free admission for one or two to all films for an entire year (excluding International Film Festival special events – Opening Night, Closing Night)
- Free admission for one or two to all live events (theatre, music, comedy, speakers series) for an entire year (excluding events organized by other groups, e.g. Summer Institute)
- Invitation to special filmmaker events, including receptions and small private meetings/conversations
- Free Admission to all Parties, Receptions, Gala held at Film Center (excluding events organized by other groups)
An annual gift of $2,500 or more makes you a member of the Producers Circle, our most prestigious membership level. Members at these levels enjoy a variety of special benefits and privileges in addition to all other membership benefits at other levels:
- Free admission for two people for an entire year to any movie, party, or live event (theatre, music, speaker series) held at the Film Center (excluding events organized by other groups)
- Reserve seating for two at any movie or live event with advance notice by email or telephone.
- Free popcorn and beverage for two from our concession stand
- Free All-Access Festival Pass for two to the annual MV International Film Festival ($400 value alone).
- Recognition on the Film Center Wall of Supporters for a year
- Private Screening use of the theatre for your guests at the film center (date and time to not compete with the Film Center’s regular program schedule, or in summer season)
Please contact Richard Paradise: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in more details about this membership level or other forms of support.
We are pleased to offer these benefits to thank our members for their generosity. Until you receive your card, the e-mail receipt from your online membership purchase will serve as proof that you are eligible for member discounts.
The Martha’s Vineyard Film Society is supported by donations, sponsorships, grants, and admissions to produce and present the excellent year-round film programming at the MV Film Center enjoyed by our island wide community. We look forward to your continued support as we enter our 13th year.